Growing Up Mobile
While mobile usage continues to grow steadily overall, one group in particular has increased their mobile use by a huge margin.
Children are now, more than ever, plugging in to tablets, iPods, and smart phones on a daily basis to play games, watch videos, and use apps.
A recent study by Common Sense Media shows that over the last two years, the number of children eight and under who have used a mobile device has jumped by 89%. Here are some more interesting finds from that study:
- 72% of children aged zero to eight have used a mobile device.
- While time spent daily on mobile devices has increased by an average of ten minutes, average time spend watching television, using a computer, and playing video games has decreased by a combined 31 minutes.
- 38% of children under the age of two have used a mobile device.
- Playing games is the most common use of mobile devices for children.
- Despite the increase in mobile use, TV is still the most popular screen choice for children.
For a more complete look at the survey’s findings, check out the full report from Common Sense Media.
Photo credit: flickr