We’re Looking for a Copywriter
We are looking for a Copywriter to create content for client initiatives, and our exciting internal projects. You will work onsite, in our Edmonton office, writing content for websites, marketing campaigns, social channels, and limited print materials.
The ideal candidate is creative, enthusiastic and tackles problems in unique and insightful ways. You’ll be helping in the development of strategic content initiatives for our internal projects, and external client initiatives.
You’ll be interacting with clients in various industries, from road builders to insurance. You must be prepared to take notes, ask questions and share ideas. You’ll take that information and use it to craft content that reflects the client’s voice and is as interesting as it is informative.
Okay, here’s what we need.
- hold a degree or diploma in communications, journalism or a related field
- write with clarity, concision, and style
- have a superior grasp of the fundamentals of composition, including grammar, spelling and usage
- understand that one style of writing doesn’t work for every project
- know how to write for different audiences
- are creative, witty and unafraid to share your ideas
- are able to present technical information in a creative way
- are a fact nerd
- are enthusiastic, hard-working and a highly motivated individual
- are confident and comfortable interacting with clients – often business owners and executives
- work well in a team setting or independently
- have the ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines
You must have experience in the following areas:
- various writing styles including editorial, business, ad copy and web content
- developing communications plans and marketing strategy documents
- proofreading, copyediting, and substantive editing
- familiarity with CP style
It would be nice if you have experience in the following areas:
- working with content management tools, newsletter platforms, and social aggregators (eg., Buffer or HootSuite)
- writing content for commercial websites
- collaborating with print designers and web developers
- working on advertising campaigns
- evaluating campaign analytics
If you feel that you are right for this position and are interested in joining our team, please email your resumé and three writing samples to email@example.com. Writing samples should be attached as PDFs or as links to online content, and should reflect your ability to write clearly, concisely and in a variety of formats. We hope to have you start right away, so get moving!