We’re Looking for a Junior or Intermediate Developer
We are looking for a junior or intermediate developer to join our growing development team. You will work onsite, in our Edmonton office, on the development of base websites and larger Web applications. You must be deadline oriented, demonstrate excellent communications skills, and understand the complexities of working with clients, other developers and designers. You should be a student or graduate of computer systems technology, information systems development, computer science or related discipline.
Our developers are responsible for creating clean code for complex content-driven, e-commerce, and community-driven websites. You will be working on both internal and client focused projects. This position will suit someone with experience working on both front-end and back-end development.
Okay, here’s what we need.
- are enthusiastic, hard-working and a highly motivated individual
- are proactive, goal-oriented and have a tenacious working style
- are not afraid to focus on the end-user
- love to innovate
- work well in a team setting or independently
- are a self starter, eager to learn new technologies and bring fresh ideas to the table
- have the ability to manage time and meet deadlines
You must have experience in the following areas:
- database development (including MS SQL or MySQL)
- Familiarity with integrating third party API’s and working with web services
- cross-browser development practices
- knowledge of mobile / device-driven development practices and responsive design
- evaluation of client briefs, providing technical recommendations, and evaluation of new technologies
- current with web standards and trends
- system documentation including, wireframing, process flows and information architectures. A working understanding of OmniGraffle (similar to Visio), is a plus.
It would be nice if you have experience in the following areas:
- implementation of large Web-based applications, including eCommerce and other n-tier solutions
- implementation of and building upon open-source content management / blog-based toolsets
- the Laravel development framework
- implementation and development of mashups
- experience with CodeIgniter, AngularJS, Vue.js, and Git
- experience implementing the Drupal content management platform and related modules
- knowledge of Web Services, SharePoint
- advertising and marketing concepts
If you feel that you are right for this position and are interested in joining our team, please email your resume and portfolio pieces to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, include your expected hourly rates and state the position you are applying for. We hope to have you start right away, so get moving!
Note: if you are currently in school, we’d be happy to have you start in a part-time capacity.